Secure and scalable ICT infrastructure for future intelligent distribution grids
Information and communication technologies will play a significant role in the development of the future intelligent electrical distribution networks.
This work package deals with the design and analysis of cyber-physical systems which enable advanced solutions, services and market integration of new actors (e.g. aggregators) in future intelligent distribution grids.
The cyber-physical system consists of technologies and systems for sensing and communicating information in distribution grids for predicting, automating and optimizing various processes in the distribution grids. The ambition is to integrate models for systems and distribution grids in one platform so that the interactions, dependencies and contingencies between information and communications technology (ICT) systems and grid operations can be assessed.
This work package will also deal with the evaluations of cyber infrastructure security in conjunction with electrical network in order to propose solutions to prevent, mitigate, and tolerate information losses or cyber attacks.
The objectives of this work package are to:
- Propose a specification for the information and communication infrastructure requirements for future intelligent distribution networks.
- Recommend information exchange for different functional purposes and the appropriate protocols.
- Assessment of energy system independency on communication facilities and potential security issues.
- Propose necessary modifications or changes for current communication infrastructure.
- Design of a suitable dynamic and adaptive security mechanism.
- Recommendation of technical information services development plan for future distribution networks.